Fried Venison with Jalapeno Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3 - 3 oz venison steaks
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 - 12 oz flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, medium ripe, sliced
- 2 oz pommery mustard
- 2 oz honey
- 1 tsp jalapeno, minced
- Preheat 6 cups vegetable oil to 350 degrees. Season the venison with salt and pepper. Coat the venison in flour, shaking off excess, and transfer to a shallow bowl with the beaten eggs. Roll the venison pieces in bread crumbs and deep-fry the venison until golden brown.
- Transfer venison to a 350 degree oven until medium rare, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with Jalapeno Honey Mustard Sauce (see recipe below) and garnish with flour tortillas, roasted corn, cooked black beans, sliced red onion, and tomato slices.
- Jalapeno Honey Mustard Sauce: Combine pommery mustard, honey, and minced jalapeno together. Serve with Fried Venison.
Recipe provided by Doug Brown